We are seeking a highly motivated and talented urban planner to join our team. Located in downtown Portland, Oregon, Fregonese Associates maintains a national practice specializing in urban and regional planning. We work with a variety of public, private and non-profit clients on projects ranging in scale from main-street, TOD and small area planning to regional growth strategies. We have developed and actively maintain an in-house suite of scenario planning tools, called Envision Tomorrow, which includes an ROI tool, scenario builder, and balanced housing model.
A successful candidate must be both self-motivated and able to work well in a team environment. Our office is fast-paced, requiring the candidate to be comfortable working on multiple, and at times, competing deadlines while remaining detail-oriented and time-efficient. Written and oral communication skills are vitally important for this position, as are technical skills such as GIS. Successful candidates will have a master’s degree in planning, landscape architecture, environmental design, architecture, geography, or economics. This is an entry to mid-level position with 1-2 years of qualifying work experience preferred, but not required.
The successful candidate will perform a range of duties to support multiple concurrent projects, which may include some or all of the following:
- Research and analysis including GIS mapping, Excel data manipulation, basic statistical analysis, Census data analysis, etc.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis that range from real estate development feasibility, to urban design problem solving, to anticipating changes in urban form due to a range of factors considered during scenario testing.
- Writing and graphic production for reports, presentations and public communication campaigns.
- Working with senior staff to coordinate project logistics and subcontractors.
Desired Skills – the successful applicant will possess a combination of some (or all) of the following skills:
- Analytical: proficiency with ArcGIS and Microsoft Excel
- Communication skills: ability to write, present, and develop compelling narratives
This position includes full medical/dental benefits, paid vacation and 401k match. Fregonese Associates is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates.
Submission Requirements: Please submit the following to email@example.com by February 2nd, 2018:
- Cover letter (1-page maximum)
- GIS work sample (maximum 3 pages including a short narrative explanation)